Thursday, May 13, 2010

This week.

I've not done a very good job of keeping up on my postings lately. Between tie-making and mothering, I've spread myself pretty thin.

Anyway, just as an update:

Finally got ties off to Jen to shoot for the Father's Day special. I loved one of the fabrics so much that I'm going to make me a skirt out of it...as soon as I get caught up on tie orders.

Had the nephews over for a sleepover on Mon. nite while Mer and Ty went to the Jazz game. Two of her kids were puking, but they all managed to sleep through the night. Tues. night Bridget started puking and yesterday it was Dixon's turn. So far no one else has caught it, and I'd like to keep it that way. I'm looking forward to my payback, Mer...

Wed. nite I made the mistake of staying up until 1 am finishing ties. Considering my bedtime is usually 9 pm, and Mike's alarm goes off at 4:45...well, you do the math.

Last night was Brooke's 1st Grade Patriotic Program. Since the two little ones were still sick, I left everyone else home and took her myself. The program was lovely and brought me to tears several times. I love that because my kids are in a charter school, they were able to sing songs like, God Bless the U.S.A., and God Bless America, and that the last line of the program was, "We thank you for serving our great country and pray for your safe return!" I'm so grateful that political correctness had no place in the program last night!

Today I have plans to shower...then hopefully take the kiddos to the Library before Katie goes to school. I have another 2 tie orders to fill (14 ties in all), which I need to get done tonight, since tomorrow I'm helping out with Field Day at the school, and will be indisposed all day long. I'm looking forward to spending the day in 65* sunshine!

1 comment:

Fiddlefish said...

I hope when fall rolls around that you'll have some Christmas ties available. I'd love to put my 2 boys and husband in matching ties for family photos. I think you'd have major business if you offered that. People at church always comment on Adam's ties from Pickleface Place. You done good, girl!!! Glad business is going well.