Thursday, April 16, 2009

Bridget's 3rd

So my baby turns 3 today. Sometimes it's hard to believe it's already been that long, other times I could swear it's her 13th. When we brought her home from the hospital, it took her all of 3 days to start sleeping through the night. I think Heavenly Father knew we needed that with 3 others at home to contend with. She was always very mellow and content with where she was and what she was doing. I could bring the playpen out to the garden and pull weeds for an hour or so, and she'd play with no complaints. I was overjoyed to have such an easy baby! Of course, Murphy's Law would state that "good things never stay the same." At about 18 months, she turned into a little whipper-snapper! Her independence and stubbornness suddenly emerged, and my easy-going baby was no longer. She suddenly had this twinkle in her eye that meant she knew exactly what she wanted and exactly how she was going to get it. It's the latter part that has challeneged her mother! I'm hoping we can learn to channel her independence so it will be used for good, and not evil in the future! I'm excited to see how being a big sister will change her, while at the same time hoping little Dixon will survive her. Bridget, you are my biggest challenge, but boy do I LOVE a good challenge! You're the smartest three-year-old I know, and I'm so glad you're mine!





No comments: