Thursday, June 17, 2010

First for the First

Can you believe it's already been a year since our sweet baby Dixon joined our gaggle of girls? I'll admit, I was a little concerned about how he'd fit in, but those fears have certainly been put to rest over the last 12 months!



I was most excited to steer away from anything remotely PINK for his celebration, though The Very Hungry Caterpillar's face did end up more pink than red... I got the idea for this from a friend whose husband created this same cupcake cake for their little boy.


The face is 7 cherry Starburst, kneaded, rolled into a ball, then smashed flat. The eyes are lemon & lime flavored tootsie rolls, and the nose and feet are the chocolate ones. For the antennae, I attempted to add a little blue food coloring to a cherry tootsie roll, but it made them too supple and they kept drooping. Oh well.





Forgive the baby nudity (and the blurry pix)...but he boy simply had to have cake!


Before


During


After!


I just can't get enough of this kid's smile!!! Happy FIRST Birthday my boy!

2 comments:

Fiddlefish said...

He's soooooooo stinkin' cute!!! ADORABLE cupcakes, 'manda!

Marisa said...

He's grown so much since we met him last summer--so cute!