Friday, October 9, 2009

My Favorite Thing...

I love sleeping in. No, really. I LOVE sleeping in. Aside from eating the first fresh, juicy tree-ripened peach of the season, it's my favorite thing in the world. At least, I think it is. I don't actually remember the last time it happened, so I may just be imagining my love for it. I also may spend the rest of my life pining for that one blissful morning when I am awakened, not by a crying baby who thinks his mom is an all-you-can-eat 24/7 diner, or a child needing a drink of water or they'll "just die", a husband whose snoring has no "off" switch, a cat who slurps water from the bathtub faucet, or a phone call requiring our services at 2 a.m. to remove a dead body in Malad, Idaho. Nay, I long for that one glorious morning when the first thing to arouse me out of my heavenly slumber is the brightly beaming, already risen sun. Now that I've committed myself to a 5 am date with the Roy Complex, it seems I may have just sacrificed my favorite thing in the world. I'm not sure I'll survive.
On a good note, though, I've discovered that I won't have to rely solely on the heavily chlorinated pool and its tendency to make my skin feel (and look) like the desert sand to get this pathetically out of shape body back to its former glory. I successfully rode the eliptical machine on level 3 for 30 minutes this morning, with virtually no pain in my knee or hips. Yay me! I can't tell you how euphoric I was as I finished the last hill on my machine. It's a feeling I didn't know I missed. I'm hoping that giving up my favorite thing will lead me to find a new one and that that favorite thing will make me look (and feel) good in Hawaii--and for the rest of my life.

2 comments:

Fiddlefish said...

Hawaii????!!!! When??!!!!!!

Jonesy said...

Next October! Check out 2 posts ago--Paradise Bound.