Sunday, August 23, 2009

Maggie Turns Eight!

I feel old. Of course, all I have to do is look on Facebook at some of my friends from high school who now have high schoolers themselves, and I don't feel so strange having an eight year old. Nevertheless, it's really hard to believe that my 7 lb. 15 oz. chubby-cheeked baby is eight.

I told Maggie in passing once that she had to be eight before she could do sleepovers. Apparently she remembered this and took me at my word. Unfortunately, Mike ended up having to work a viewing that night, so I had to manage my own 5 children (including a hungry baby boy) plus 4 extra 8 year olds who seemed to have no regard for the volume of their voices in the little confined spaces that make up our home. Yay me.


We started off the night with everyone making their own little pizzas. This has become a favorite dinner of mine. When the girls start to complain about not liking it, they're forced to realize that they are completely responsible for that--not me. They're getting pretty good at figuring out what they will like instead of what would make great eyes or a nose.

After dinner, it was present time! I thought it would be fun to do something a little different, so I blew up some balloons with rings in them, and the girls took turns popping one when they gave Maggie their present to open. This last balloon was stubborn, and it took all the girls sitting on it to finally get it to give up its treasure.


The first gift was from Grandma Barb. You can imagine how excited Mags was when she opened her new Hannah Montana comforter. Now she can dream her rockstar dreams in style!

The theme of the night, besides Hannah Montana, was all about the makeup...yikes. I'm not quite sure why everyone thought it would make a great gift, but as you can see below, Maggie concurred and it was a big hit with everyone!
I took down the full-length mirror from the hallway and set it against the couch. All we were missing were the broadway lights & stage!
My favorite part of the night was the part I worked the hardest on--the cake! She LOVED her electric guitar cake, and more than once I heard, "That's the coolest cake I've ever seen!" Yeah, it is, isn't it? I sure hated to cut into it after all that work, but I have to admit, it not only looked good, but it tasted good, too!


Katie
Friends that Maggie goes to school with: JanaLee & Lauren
Brooke
Bridget


Meagan: Best friends since they were born!

Bailei: Maggie's other best friend she's known her whole life.

Happy Birthday, my sweet, sweet girl. I can't believe it's been 8 years since I first held you in my arms. What's even more unbelievable is that I survived all the pizza making, secret giggling, ear-piercing screeching, cake devouring, soda spilling, crazy dancing, mess making, sleep interrupting choas that was your slumber party. Let's not do this again, k? Loves.

No comments: