Monday, February 25, 2013

Whacked.



Dear Poor Little Neglected Blog,

I'm so sorry to have taken such a leave of absence from you.  It's not that I have nothing to write about.  Believe me.  Bridget alone could take up 30 posts all on her own.  It's just that by the time I actually have time to sit and write anything meaningful (I think that may have only happened once.), my brain is fuzzy and discombobulated and I can't spit out a coherent sentence.  All my writing efforts are being used to compose papers--the topics of which are of no particular interest to anyone outside the educational field, and even then they seem unappreciated by anyone but myself, who finds it necessary to spend hours precisely honing phrases and paragraphs that only become forgotten and meaningless as soon as the SEND button is pushed.

Sometimes I wonder if the effort is worth it.

Until I'm convinced otherwise, I'll continue to press forward at a grueling pace--the likes of which I've never known.  I hope to never again come across an occasion that necessitates anything resembling what I've put myself through in the last few months....if I survive that long.

So, for the quickest of updates: 

Mike has some work to keep him busy for the next few months.  It's a huge relief.

Maggie just finished up playing basketball on the Jr. High team.  She was not quite the best player on the team, however, there is some potential there, and she wants to keep playing, so we'll make a concerted effort to play a lot this summer.  Especially now that we have a hoop. Merry Christmas! 

Brooke is becoming quite a little writer.  Her compositions in 4th grade are really impressive, and I hope that she'll continue working on both that and her art. 

Katie is a hard one to pin down.  She's so well-rounded that nothing in particular about her stands out, except this witty little sense of humor she's developing.  She says the funniest things, and completely on purpose, too.  Love how she laughs at her own wit. 

Bridget--aye de mi!  I seriously could write a book about this kid.  Most recently, she decided she wanted a short haircut.  When getting ready for church one day, she donned striped tights, a tutu-type skirt, layered shirts and a pair of silver converse sneakers.  She asked, "Mom, do I look cute or cool?"  I said, "Very cool."  Her response with a nod was a resounding, "Good." 

Dixon is going to be the death of me at this point.  I suppose he's a typical 3 year old boy, but I cannot keep up with him!  He's into E V E R Y T H I N G !!!!  And don't even get me started on the sound effects....

Gretchen is still the sweetest, chubbiest, cutest, best little thing walking on two legs.  Her teeth are finally in and she's decided that she's too good to go down stairs backward, so she walks straight down them like a boss.  This is probably my favorite age because now is the time that their personality fully comes to light and I LOVE seeing who these little people really are!

I'm still trying to maintain (regain? just not lose any more?) sanity while going to school, being mom, and 1st counselor in the YW Presidency.  Oh, and on top of all that, we (Mike, Maggie, Brooke, Katie and I) decided it would be a good idea to join our Stake's production of Savior of the World, so we've been busy with rehearsals every Saturday and will soon take the stage on April 18, 19, and 20th at the Bountiful Regional Center. (You're invited!!!)

Are you as tired as I am??? No.  No, that would just not be possible.  If so, tell me so I can pray for your ever-lovin' heart.

Love,
Amanda

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Girl, you make me tired!! Hang in there, it will be worth it in the end.