Tuesday, June 2, 2009

In the Good Ol' Summertime!

As I was searching for some good ideas to keep the kiddos (and therefore myself) sane this summer, I came across this blog w/ some pretty good ideas that I thought I'd share.

http://chocolateonmycranium.blogspot.com/2008/06/oh-what-do-you-do-in-summertime.html

While keeping to a schedule during the summer is unthinkable for some, it's a necessity for our family! I haven't had the chance to sit down and work out my schedule yet, since a lot of that is pending the temperment of the new baby, but there are a few things that are mandatory on a daily basis.

1. Family prayer (am & pm)
2. Family scripture study
3. Exercise
4. Chores
5. Quiet time

On a weekly basis, we'll continue to have Library Day, which in my opinion is totally mandatory! Most local libraries have a kids' program, where they read stories, sing songs, and do a craft. Ours has a summer reading program with weekly prizes. They also have some great computer programs that my kids love to play, and we load up on books for "Quiet Time" for the week. It was by far the biggest success of last summer, and I'm really looking forward to it again.

Like I said, the rest of the schedule is pending, but I look forward to figuring it all out! If anyone else has some other resources, please do share!

3 comments:

Fiddlefish said...

Wacky Wednesdays and Fun Fridays. WW's are a craft project found on-line. FF's are a field trip of some sort -- nature walk, picnic up the canyon, etc. Our first WW is tomorrow.

Jen said...

I'm so impressed! I should be better about scheduling...maybe if I had little ones I would. It would definitely keep me sane! Good luck figuring it all out!

Ashlee said...

I am impressed...if I were pregnant, I would think about relaxing! :) Thanks for the great quote you posted on my blog the other day.