Sunday, November 30, 2008

We Need a Little Christmas

I'm so happy that Christmas is FINALLY here! There's just something about his time of year that brings so much peace, even as we begin frantic shopping and endless get-togethers. I'm so grateful for this time that I get to spend with family, whether from my side or Mike's. This year, my parents and all my sibs and their kids will be coming to Utah--all except Emily & her family, who are a little too far away in Georgia to make the long trek for a short visit. We have lots planned--Christmas lights at Temple Square, a trip to the Planetarium for 14-year-old Alex who has been saving his money for a whole year to finally buy himself some gadgets he saw on the last visit, a traditional King Family sacrament meeting musical number, Christmas Eve caroling to some dear friends and sweet neighbors, LOTS of shopping, eating & of course, talking (my favorite part)! My family has truly become my BEST FRIENDS, and I only hope my daughters will develop the same kind of close relationship that I have been so blessed with. This year, each of us have come across different challenges--some more painful and difficult than others--but through it all, we've been there for each other, which is the greatest blessing any of us could ask for. Maybe the reason Christmas brings so much peace amid so much chaos is that this is the time of year I can say that I already have everything I could ever need or want...and mean it.

2 comments:

heather said...

Do you want to come decorate for us? We can't seem to get in the mood around here. But we are working on it :)

Ardie said...

I agree. Christmas really is the best time of the year. My favorite part is all the talking and singing that happens when the family gathers. Good times!